Bodybuilders who are in intensive training should increase their nutrient intake, especially when taking steroids – proper nutrition will dramatically increase the effects of steroids on the body.
Here’s a quick guide to the required nutrients for steroid users:
Protein Rich Foods
Animal protein has a high content of essential amino acids plus invaluable biological benefits. The protein absorbed by our body is broken down into amino acids and it is then transported to our blood and muscle cells.
- White-Meat Poultry
- Milk, Cheese and Yogurt
- Pork Tenderloin
- Lean Beef
Heavy training will invariably damage your muscle tissues but when you start eating foods that are rich in protein, this can help to build and repair muscles, making them stronger and larger. Eating protein rich foods will help you to acquire a positive nitrogen balance in your muscle cells.
The recommended daily intake of protein rich foods will greatly depend on your bodyweight – a gram of protein consists of an energy value of 4.1 kcal.
Usually, it is recommended that at least 1.25 to 1.5 grams of protein to each pound of bodyweight is consumed daily.
Let’s say you weigh between 132 and 200 pounds – it is recommended that you eat about 165 to 200 grams of protein on a daily basis.
According to Healthaliciousness, these are the top most healthy high carb foods:
- Wholegrain (pearled barley, spelt, kamut, brown rice, wholewheat pasta, couscous, wild rice, buckwheat groats, bulgur)
- Alternative Grains (teff, amaranth, quinoa)
- Beans (pinto beans, adzuki beans, navy beans, pink beans, black turtle beans, white beans, yellow beans, cranberry/roman beans and kidney beans)
- Lentils (chickpeas/garbanzo beans, split peas)
- Vegetables (sweet potatoes, sweet corn, parsnips, peas, succotash, butternut squash, beets, rutabagas/swede, tomatoes, carrots)
- Fruit (bananas, pomegranate, mango, grapes, pears, apples, cherries, blueberries, figs, kiwi)
- Nuts and Seeds (pumpkin seeds, chestnuts, chia seeds, cashew nuts, pistachios, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds)
- Low Fat Dairy (low fat cream cheese, low fat plain yoghurt, skimmed milk, semi-skimmed milk, whole milk, whole milk plain yoghurt, cottage cheese, low-fat mozzarella and Swiss cheese)
The continuous energy supply provided by carbohydrates helps to maintain a constant blood sugar level, which is also considered to be an important factor when burning off fat.
Carbohydrates not only help to supply the energy we need for our workouts, they also restore the glycogen in our worn-out muscle cells, especially after weight-training sessions.
In the world of bodybuilding, gaining weight is the ticket to success; the biggest shortcut is to increase your carbohydrate intake.
Protein alone is not enough and you should look to include at least 2 to 3 grams of carbohydrates per bodyweight pound in your daily diet – the ideal meal must contain 1 protein source and 2 complex carbohydrate sources.
If you are about 135 pounds, it is recommended that you eat at least 800 to 900 grams of carbs daily. This is equivalent to 4.1kcal per gram.
Cholesterol is considered to be a very unique type of fat and steroid hormones consist of a cholesterol nucleus within their structure; that’s why cholesterol is important for anabolic steroids users as it boosts the hormone synthesis within the body.
The body uses fats to help provide more energy to our life-functions and it can be a great source of energy.
- Egg Yolk
- Cashews, Pistachios and Almonds
- Pound of Steak
- Large Potatoes
- Flaxseed Oil
- Foods with Omega-3 Fats
Fats contain twice as many calories per gram of carbohydrates or protein. 9 calories are equivalent to 1 gram of fat and 4 calories are equivalent to a gram of carbohydrate or protein – eating enough fat can also increase our calorie intake, which is essential to gaining mass.
- Observe a hard and heavy training schedule. Eat at least 5,000 calories per day if you really want to build up mass while taking anabolic steroids.
- Eat more foods which are rich in Omega-3 to help your muscles be more sensitive to insulin – this can pull carbohydrates into your muscle cells.
- Always remember to eat properly and on time. If you have no discipline and don’t take things seriously, then everything will go to waste. Work on your nutrition plan and see the results for yourself.
If you’re looking for the best products on the market, Worldwide Anabolics is a trusted online supplier of 100% legit steroids.